Please read carefully:
- 1 Clearly communicate with your partner about when and where you are meeting;
- 2 Attend meetings on time;
- 3 Meet on a regular and consistent basis, but not less than once per fortnight, as much as possible;
- 4 Give notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your meeting;
- 5 Keep the discussions with your partner private and confidential;
- 6 Ensure that communication and interactions with your partner is respectful, trusting and clear;
- 7 Be empathetic and actively listen when engaging with your partner;
- 8 Be understanding of your partner’s limitations when discussing issues;
- 9 Provide feedback to your partner about how you feel the partnership is going - and ask for feedback in return;
- 10 Communicate with your partner and the program coordinators if any issues arise;
- 11 Be open to troubleshooting any issues that arise (from either partner) within the partnership with the Stand Up and CMY-CSG team;
- 12 Understand that any disclosure of abuse and sensitive information that may require professional intervention should be reported to the Stand Up or CMY-CSG team;
- 13 Contribute towards evaluating the program;
- 14 Participate in debriefing and training sessions, as well as social events.
I have read and understood the volunteer commitments and agree to adhere to them as a participant in Our Journey.