PROGRAM OUT NOW
We aspire to be a community that has equal opportunity for all, regardless of your gender. Yet, it’s no secret that only a small minority of Jewish communal organisations have equal representation of women in leadership positions. What can we do?
Talk, listen, act, change
Social Justice Summit 2022 has a star-studded line-up. But it's not just talking and listening, we intent to act and change. The Summit is an interactive and engaging day to get creative, bold and enjoy good company while hearing an array of speakers including our amazing keynote speaker - award-winning actor Yael Stone.
We want you to lead the way to gender equity in Jewish leadership. It's a value we all share and together we will get there.
Join us at the Social Justice Summit and:
- Be welcomed by Indigenous leader Yvonne Weldon, and Rabbi Jacqueline Ninio.
- Hear powerful and personal stories from Elana Benjamin, Rabbanit Judith Levitan, Donna Jacobs Sife and Rachel Marie.
- Yael Stone will talk about the experience of a monumental leap from wanting change - to a messy participation in change. She hopes to shift out and share the gems that have surfaced along the way.
- Find out what our community said. The results and insights of the gender equity survey of Jewish organisations in NSW will be revealed by Rebecca Forgasz.
- Explore what Jewish texts have to say about female empowerment and improving society with Rabbanit Judith Levitan and Rabbi Alon Meltzer.
- Network or chat over a fully-catered kosher lunch.
- Learn from Jillian Segal and Anna Green about their experiences in the corporate world and what lessons can be applied to Jewish community organisations.
- Be inspired by our friends in Melbourne. Courtney Winter-Peters, Lisa Ezekiel, Nomi Kaltmann and Rebecca Forgasz will share their projects and experiences.
- Join the new JBOD President David Ossip as he engages with women who are leading the Board of Deputies of British Jews.
- Where to from here? Genevieve Abbey from the JCA Diversity Committee will help facilitate an exciting workshop to envision the NSW Jewish Community of 2030.
- There’s discounts for students.
- Vegetarian lunch provided.
- There is childcare available (ages 3-7) for $20 - pre-registration required.
Sunday 28th of August
Millie Phillips Sanctuary at Emanuel Synagogue, Sydney
10am - 4:15pm
Social Justice Summit Background
The Social Justice Summit is an annual gathering of Jewish Australians who are actively involved in humanitarian and social justice work. This will be the 4th summit.
With an impressive and inspiring list of previous speakers, you can find out more about previous Social Justice Summits here: