Stand Up is looking for passionate and energetic facilitators to join our Step Up community.
Step Up is designed to give Bnei Mitzvah aged students the opportunity to take a step up into their Jewish adulthood and to understand the responsibilities and challenges that come with that, grappling with these questions through an innovative social justice experience. The program empowers young Jewish Australians to become leaders in their community, guided by core Jewish values of Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), Tzedakah (justice) and Chessed (kindness) to create positive change in the world.
Step Up runs either as a 7-week term program or as a 3-day holiday program intensive. The term programs consist of seven 1.5 hour sessions once a week throughout the school term. The holiday program intensive consists of 3 consecutive days of programming- approximately 5 hours per day.
As a facilitator, your role will include the engagement with and delivery of social justice education. The role of a facilitator involves creating an inclusive and interactive environment for participants to discuss the intersection between Jewish responsibility and social challenges. Facilitators are also required to assist with the setup and pack-down of programs, organisation of material and travel.
- Facilitate interactive programs through open discussions, engaging activities and informal, stimulated learning.
- Travel to schools, synagogues and Jewish organisations.
- Partake in training sessions and on-going informal education development.
Key selection criteria:
- Valid Working With Children Check (or the willingness to obtain one).
- Passion for working with young adults and students.
- Committed, confident and charismatic.
- Prior experience in leading programs for children is preferred.
if you have any questions.