Stand Up is a volunteer hub for the Australian Jewish community. Our volunteers are from across the religious, age and political spectrum. Join the Stand Up volunteer family where you can make a meaningful impact through:
- Working with Sudanese refugees on a regular basis to provide mentoring, English support and integration assistance
- Running holiday programs for Indigenous youth
- Facilitating social justice education workshops for Jewish youth
- Assisting our office team with administration support including marketing and communications
- Fundraising and event management
Stand Up provides a range of training programs and support systems to ensure Volunteer training and reflection groups take place throughout the year.
To Get Involved:
Stand Up volunteers go through a selection process which includes:
- Attending an information session.
- Identifying which program you are interested in volunteering in.
- Having an interview.
- If selected, filling in all the necessary paperwork (working with children checks, police checks, volunteer form, safeguarding children online training)
- Attending program with Team Leader.
- Attending volunteer training programs.
To view our Volunteer Resources page, please click here.
All potential volunteers are required to undertake a registration process which includes Working with Children Check, National Police Check, interview with the volunteer coordinator and reference checks.