Sunday 9 July 7pm – 8.45pm
Glen Eira Town Hall — Auditorium, corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield
Bookings recommended via the City of Glen Eira:
Representatives from diverse communities will share their personal tales of survival and resilience in a forum exploring our local multicultural landscape.
Hosted by Stand Up as part of the City of Glen Eira’s Storytelling Festival, this event will bring together a unique panel of Indigenous, Sudanese and Jewish guest speakers. Join us as we discover the common threads and shared understandings that appear when Diversity Talks. Official welcome by Mayor Mary Delahunty. Facilitated by Gary Samowitz, CEO Stand Up.
- Rabbi Ralph Genende is a well-known and popular modern Orthodox rabbi and Senior Rabbi at Caulfield Hebrew Congregation. He has a particular interest in humanitarian issues and youth development.
- Arweet Carolyn Brigss is a senior Boon Wurrung Elder and Traditional Owner.
- Jessica Sinnott is an Aboriginal Educator and the Director of Koori Kinnections in Sydney. Jess is also a Yuin and Wailin community member.
- Nyadol Nyuon is a commercial lawyer at Arnold Bloch Leibler of South Sudanese heritage, who arrived in Australia as a refugee at age 18 . She is an advocate, writer and adviser with a focus on human rights.
- Wafaa Adams is a young adult from the Sudanese community that Stand Up partners with. Wafaa is currently studying Bio-Medical at University and is a role model for Sudanese youth.
Light refreshments will be served.